With so many holiday stories, movies, and traditions, there are lots of iconic holiday characters who are
loved by many people.
Here are my top five holiday characters.
1) The Ghost of Christmas Future: In all versions of a Christmas Carol, this particular ghost is frightening,
but charismatic. He teaches a harsh lesson, but he also symbolizes hope.
2) Rudolph: Most of us can relate to Rudolph. We’ve all felt like outsiders at one time or another.
Rudolph found a way to make his uniqueness work for him.
3) The Winter Warlock: My favorite from the 1970 animated movie Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town.
4) The Grinch: At times during the holidays, I can completely relate to this guy!
5) Jack Frost: There have been lots of different versions of Jack Frost over the years, but in each one
he’s such a personification of winter that no matter what the weather, just thinking about him makes you
feel the icy wind and smell the snowstorm.
Which iconic holiday characters are your favorite?
Always a fan of romance and the paranormal, Kate Hill started writing over twenty years ago for
pleasure. Her first story, a short erotic vampire tale, was accepted for publication in 1996. Since then she
has sold over one hundred short stories, novellas and novels.
When she’s not working on her books, Kate enjoys reading, working out, spending time with her family
and pets and running the Compelling Beasts Blog, dedicated to antagonists, antiheroes, and paranormal
creatures. She also writes under the name Saloni Quinby. Visit her online at http://www.kate-hill.com and
Check out Kate’s Latest
Victor (Fangs and Fists 3)
Werewolf gladiator Victor vows to escape captivity by demons or die trying–which nearly happens when his latest opponent takes him by surprise.
Jolanda is a member of a secret pack of wolf witches who want to free their kin from the dreaded demon tower. Strengthened by the power of her pack, she defeats Victor in the arena and demands that he be given to her as a mate.
Alone, they surrender to their overwhelming lust for each other, but Jolanda needs him for more than sex. She’s been sent to rescue the captive wolves and Victor is the Alpha she needs to help her. Together he and Jolanda plan a mass escape from the tower, hoping to strike a blow the demon masters will never forget.