Depending on the part of the country, spring may have already sprung, or buried under several feet of snow at the moment. In my area, we’re expecting temperatures in the 80s by this weekend. And while pollen and sneezing increases, spring never fails to bring a sense of hope and renewal to me. Living in Texas, spring is important. It’s warm, but not hot (for the most part). Here are some of the things I enjoy about this part of the year:
- Spring break–not because I have kids or am in school but because traffic is light when I drive to work in the morning
- A return to green grass (gives the rabbits something other than my bushes to eat)
- The variety of birds: cardinals, mocking birds (love to hear them call out their different tunes), robins, ducks, geese flying north
- Not having to dress in snow gear when I walk the dog in the morning (I’m a wimp when it comes to cold)
- Girl Scout cookies (can you say “thin mints”?)
What about you? What’s your favorite season? And why?