Ah, the holidays. There’s always something on the list to do, lights to put up, trees to decorate, Christmas cards to write. And the food! Let’s not forget the Christmas munchies. I thought I’d share my Minty Meltaways recipe with you that I got from Weight Watchers. They’re calorie friendly and full of minty goodness.
1 cup of all purpose flour
¾ cup cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
½ tsp peppermint extract
½ cup confectioners sugar
1-2 tbsp fat free milk
Red food coloring
- To make cookies, place oven racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 350.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, salt in a bowl. With an electric mixer on med speed, beat butter until creaming, about 1 min. Add confectioners’ sugar and peppermint extract, beat 4 mins. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mix, bearing just until blended.
- Form dough by tablespoonsful into 1 inch balls. Place balls on 2 large ungreased baking sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake until tops are firm 8-10 mins. Let cookies cool on baking sheets 3 mins. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze, whisk confectioners sugar, 1 tbsp milk, and food coloring until smooth. Drizzle glaze evenly over cookies. Let stand until glaze sets about 30 mins. Cover and store at room temp. up to 1 week.
Jules is a hard working girl who can barely afford bus fare. Elvis is an eager Christmas Elf looking to do a good deed and move on. Will a little Christmas magic help bring a deeper meaning to the season for both of them?
A knock rapped on the window. We all turned our heads. Elvis stood there with a wicked sweet smile plastered all over his face, holding a muffler.
“What the heck?” muttered Joe.
“Is that a muffler?” Gus asked.
I was speechless. Truly speechless.
Joe walked outside and we all followed him.
“Jules, I got a muffler for your car,” Elvis announced.
Joe walked around him, eyeballing the hunk of metal. “Did you even get the right one?”
“Of course – a 2010 Toyota Corolla.”
“How did you know that?” I asked.
“Santa told me.”
MR CHRISTMAS ELF is available on Amazon as an Ebook for 99 cents and is in the Kindle Unlimited Program.
REVIEW: 5 Stars, Kindle Customer:
This has a lot of humor and the setting is New Hampshire at Christmas time. What could be better. I could picture it all in my head as I read the story. I felt like my heart was warmed, and I was helped at the end to feel better about life in general. Very uplifting reading!