If you love sexy romantic comedy, you’ll love Mann Cakes, coming out on May 11! Today, I’m sharing the bonus recipe for Monday Muffintops, which you’ll find at the end of the book. My very own Garrett, my husband Bryan, developed it. I’ve tried em, and they’re awesome.
You’ll find this particular recipe mentioned a few times in the book, including the hilarious radio interview scene in Chapter 10. Here’s a tiny snippet of that interview:
The host consulted his notes again. “You have interesting names for your products, including something called ‘Monday Muffintops.’ What are those?”
Tanner answered with his fake seductive voice, his lips brushing the mic as he spoke. “It’s a link sausage in a slightly sweet maple-flavored muffin.”
“Has that been a popular item?”
“Oh yeah. The ladies really like a good sausage in their muffins.” Tanner grinned and blew a silent kiss at Paige.
Paige’s jaw dropped. Morgan’s mouth twisted into a disgusted grimace. Garrett lowered his head, scrubbing a hand over his face.
Recipe by Bryan, my real-life Garrett.
A maple syrup sweetened, savoried by sausage muffin top for any random Monday.
Servings: Makes 8-10 muffins
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 c maple syrup
- 2/3 c milk
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 8 sausage links
- ~2 tbs raw sugar
- Prepare sausage links per package instructions. Allow to cool to near room temp.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease your muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients: Milk, syrup, butter, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and vegetable oil.
- Add wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full.
- Cut sausage links in half, place two halves horizontally on top of each cupcake, pressing slightly into batter.
- Spoon remaining batter onto cups covering sausage and filling each cup completely.
- Sprinkle raw sugar on top of all cups.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425.
- Reduce heat to 400 (no need to remove muffins), continue cooking for an additional 13 minutes or until slightly browned on the sides.
- Cool, remove (and discard, your choice) muffin bottoms. Enjoy!
From historical to fantasy, from super sweet to scandalously spicy, Mysti Parker has
Order up your own copy of Mann Cakes at the following retailers:
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XSHTPYY
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XSHTPYY
Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XSHTPYY
Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/d/B06XSHTPYY
Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Mysti-Parker/e/B0055LOTX8/
Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/chMhoH (Get access to FREE books, exclusive excerpts, and more!)