Give Me Tomorrow by Kaye Spencer #contemporaryromance #paranormalromance @PrairieRosePubs @romancestudio
Give Me Tomorrow is a paranormal cowboy/vampire novella set in 1990 Colorado. Many of the scenes were taken from my personal experiences.
- The accident with the pony and the little boy really happened. I ten years old-ish, and I witnessed what happened and how it turned out.
- The protagonist, Jax, owns a horse boarding and layover facility. I was involved in thoroughbred racing many years ago, and I fashioned Jax’s business after one that I worked at during the off season from thoroughbred racing at Thistledown Racetrack in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The protagonist also runs a horse transport service. I didn’t drive a transport van, but I did haul horses from one racetrack to another several times with my pickup and fifth-wheel horse trailer. We called this kind of trailer a ‘goose neck trailer’ back then.
- Jax and Lissa (Melissa) galloping horses on a track is also something I’ve done.
- The restaurant where Jax and Lissa have dinner is a real restaurant. In its heyday, it was a swanky, expensive place to dine, and it was also the site of my first waitressing job.
- The setting of this story is in northeastern Colorado, which is where I was born and raised. The real town I grew up in is Fort Morgan. My fictional name for this town is Platte River City. This fictionally-named town shows up in some of my other works. Historically, Fort Morgan was on the South Platte Trail and the safest river crossing was Platte River Crossing, but that is a story for a future blog article.
- There is a riding accident scene near the end of the story that I experienced. I was with the person who was hurt in the same way that the character in the scene is hurt. The real-life outcome was not a happy one.
Lissa Price, a veterinarian, is a centuries-old vampire. Her heart has hardened over the years out of self-preservation brought on by years of loneliness compounded by the necessary isolation of being a vampire.
Jaxon Granger is part-owner of his family’s thoroughbred racehorse boarding and layover facility. Bachelorhood is his religion, and there isn’t a woman alive who can make him a one-woman man.
That is, until the woman he falls for turns out not to be alive in the strictest sense of the word.
writing through history one romance upon a time
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/kayespencer/
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/kayespencer
Pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/kayespencer
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/kayespencer23
Amazon – http://www.amazon.com/author/kayespencer
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kayespence
Prairie Rose Publications – http://prairierosepublications.com/
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/kayespencer0203