A. Catherine Noon here, getting ready to kick off a week of St. Patrick’s Day fun! I’ve got stuff about the history of Ireland, travel, food, books, dance, and even calligraphy. I’m so excited, I can’t wait. But first, I wanted to share with you writers out there, whether you’re a professional author or a brand newbie:
Free Online Workshop: Dialog – Who Says What to Whom
Join A. Catherine Noon and Tina Holland for a free online two week workshop on dialog. We will have examples, discuss proper punctuation, (where DOES that pesky comma go? or is it a period?), and have lots and lots of practice exercises. Think of it as the March bootcamp to get in shape for April’s Camp NaNoWriMo and the A to Z Blog Challenge.
You will need a free account on the Writer Zen Garden Forum.
- Sunday, 03/12/2017: Discussion One – Punctuation
- We’ll spend two days on each discussion and exercises
- Wednesday, 03/15/2017: Discussion Two – Dialog Tags
- Saturday, 03/18/2017: Discussion Three – Action Tags
- Tuesday, 03/21/2017: Discussion Four – All Dialog; Real World Reporting
- Friday, 03/24/2017: Questions – this is your opportunity to dig in and get at what’s still bugging you about dialog, writing, or anything else that Tina and I can help you with.
Next up, we’ll talk about Queen Maeve (or Madh, Medb, Maebh, or Jhqxz). (Okay, I’m kidding on that last one.) But I figured in celebration of Women’s History Month, we’d take a peek at the Warrior Queen of Ireland.
– E.E. Cummings
Noon and Wilder links: Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter