Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Have you found your Valentine yet? The heroine in my short story Civil War Valentine expected she would spend the holiday alone. With a twist of fate, that doesn’t happen.
Top 10 Things You Don’t Know about Charlie Bristol
1. She has a doctorate in historic preservation
2. She is addicted to Starbucks coffee
3. She is a cat person
4. After her recent divorce, she became an avid romance reader
5. She is a workaholic to avoid the loneliness at home
6. She is from New York and loves the business of the city
7. Even though her nickname is Charlie she is more the Barbie type
8. She treats herself by going to a Broadway show
9. Her favorite time period is the Victorian era
10. She wishes she could just sleep through Valentine’s Day
Charlie Bristol comes to Seattle to set up a traveling Valentine’s Day exhibit. The director of the museum surprises her with a package of Civil War valentines from an anonymous donor. She is touched by the heartfelt messages. Does such powerful love still exist? During a nap, she dreams she’s alive during the Civil War and meets Elliot Lowery, the author of the valentines, who mistakes her for his fiancée, Charlotte. She and Elliot negotiate the murky waters of wartime romance. When she wakes, she’s still under the dream’s spell and Valentine’s Day love is in the air. Can love work some miracle time and death cannot overcome?