Hi – I’m Shannyn Schroeder and I write contemporary romance. My current series is For Your Love. The this book releases later this month, but each book can be read as a standalone. If you haven’t read anything about the O’Malleys, this post will give you some background.
- Each book in the series is a standalone title featuring one of the O’Malley siblings. The O’Malley family is a large, Irish-American clan living in Chicago. The four oldest siblings are all boys, the youngest a girl. THROUGH YOUR EYES, releases at the end of May and is the third book in the series.
- The For Your Love series is a spinoff of my first series, The O’Learys. The O’Malleys and the O’Learys grew up across the street from each other. Liam O’Leary and Jimmy O’Malley are best friends. Kevin O’Malley and Moira O’Leary were enemies growing up. The O’Malleys were first introduced in book 4 of The O’Learys, CATCH YOUR BREATH. That’s the book where Moira O’Leary and Jimmy O’Malley fall in love (gotta love the brother’s best friend trope).
- I had a lot of fun researching for this series. The characters have backgrounds and jobs with which I have little to no experience. I’ve had to learn about tattoo artists, open adoption, motorcycles, Chicago tourism, immigration, and hockey.
- THROUGH YOUR EYES has a couple of firsts for me. This book has my first virgin as a heroine. Deirdre was saving herself for marriage, but she wasn’t even sure why. The storyline also has the characters getting married about halfway through the book. I had originally thought the marriage would happen much later in the book, but as it turns out Tommy and Deirdre have a lot to work to get to happily ever after.
- As part of my writing process, I create a cast of characters and a soundtrack before I start writing the book. I keep pictures of the actors on a bulletin board above my desk. If you’d like to see how I picture each of the O’Malleys, you can check out my Pinterest page where I have a board set up for each book. On my web site, I have the list of songs I use for the soundtrack for each book. I listen to the soundtrack pretty much nonstop as I write and revise. Between the pictures and the music, I can slip into the fell of any of my books at any time, even if I’ve been away from them for a while.
Right now, my first series – The O’Learys – is on sale. You can get all of them for under $7. The first 2 titles in the For Your Love series are also on sale. All blurbs, excerpts and buy links here.